If you are a Microsoft Xbox one Fan but recently moved from Windows To Mac and looking for How to Connect Xbox One Controller To Mac then this article will help you.
The good news is that you can easily use Xbox One Controller on Mac but the problem is unlike the plug-and-play and wireless nature of the PS4 controller, the Xbox Controller requires third party drivers and configuration to work with Mac OS and only work connected via a USB cable. There are many projects that aim to provide Xbox One controller support for the Mac. To use it, first disconnect your Xbox One controller from your Mac if necessary.
How To Connect Xbox One Controller To Mac 2017
Next, navigate to the Xone-OSX project page at GitHub. You’ll find all you need at the project’s main page. For users who would rather not bother with source code. Just Like, Sony’s PS4 Console, the Xbox One is a great gaming console and if you have a Mac with games you’d like to use a controller, you can use a third party tool to gain Xbox One controller support.
Also Read: Connect a PS4 controller On Mac
Download this driver: https://github.com/360Controller/360Controller/releases
Install the driver:
- Open the 360ControllerInstall_0.16.4.dmg in your downloads.
- Open the Install360Controller.pkg inside the dmg.
Follow these steps for How To Connect Xbox One Controller To Mac:
- After installing the driver > restart your system.
- Then Open the configuration software. Open System Preferences.
- Click Xbox 360 Controllers at the bottom.
- Make sure it detects your controller > Configure the controller in big picture mode.
- Open your Steam Library > Click the little controller at the top right and > Once in big picture mode click the GEAR (Settings)
- Under Controller click Add/Test > Click the detected controller
- On your controller press the buttons that light up on the screen
- When finished press Y on the controller to save settings and then load up Rocket League.
- Try restarting Rocket League a few times or restarting your computer.
- Hope you have successfully Connect Xbox One Controller to Mac.
This tool is more complex. If you have a PlayStation 3 or PS4 controller, it’s much easier. The developer said that OS X Yosemite users will need to enable kernel extension developer mode for the XboxOneControllerEnabler tool to work. This is possible through the Terminal using this command string:
sudo nvram boot-args=kext-dev-mode=1
It requires a reboot and then relaunches the enabler app before attempting to use it within versions of OS X. To turn off kext-dev-mode later, you can use the following command string:
sudo nvram boot-args=kext-dev-mode=0
The application that was free is accordingly termed Xbox One Control Enabler also it enables the operator though the latter requires a slightly more complex setup to get working to operate with OS X Yosemite or OS X Mavericks using a Flash connection on any Mac.
With any OS X version, having the Xbox One controller to work with the Mac is slightly more complicated than using a Ps3 controller, and there may be a few quirks encountered on the way as the help is unofficial. However, it’s surely worth a try if like to make use of the operator with you have a Mac and an Xbox One.