If you want to restore your iPhone or iPad using iTunes back and restore option then you should have a backup of your iPhone created earlier and also without unlocking your iPhone, you cannot restore your iPhone data. You may try to restore from a backup so that you do not have to recover your data. iTunes may ask for a password. But if you forgot password? You can Enter the Password to Unlock Your iPhone Backup. There are several passwords to unlock iPhone backup incorrect.
Keep in mind that iPhone backup is locked with an unknown password. At the time of restoring data, it says the password you entered to unlock your iPhone backup was incorrect. In case, you don’t know the password; iTunes password genius can help you. You can also try Tenorshare iPhone backup password recovery for how to reset iPhone backup password. Check How to Recover iPhone Backup Password to Unlock iPhone Backup and what is iPhone backup password.
Enter the Password to Unlock Your iPhone Backup Fix
All the backup files and folders are encrypted, so without any password, you cannot recover it. Yes, we know this is very irritating. Follow this guide for how to reset iPhone backup password and solve the password you entered to unlock your iPhone backup was an incorrect error. The original messages are “The password you entered to protect your iPhone backup could not be set. Please try again.” It also means that your system password protection on iTunes cannot be retrieved and iTunes cannot be unlocked. An encrypted iTunes backup includes information such as your Wi-Fi settings, website history, and health data. So you have to Enter the Password to Unlock Your iPhone Backup.
Looking for How to Unlock iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus Backup Password and How to Restore without iPhone Backup Password then this guide will be very helpful.
Trying to restore your iPhone 7 from an iTunes backup but it asks for a password to unlock it? iTunes enables you to encrypt iPhone backups when syncing your device to protect your privacy. This is a complete guide on How to Unlock iPhone Backup If iTunes Forgot Backup Password. The Password You Entered To Unlock Your iPhone Backup Was Incorrect and can be solved with the help of iPhone Backup Unlocker.
Fix the password you entered to unlock your iPhone backup was incorrect
There are many ways to fix password to unlock iPhone backup incorrect issue. You can also use a password to unlock iPhone backup incorrect for this. If you are trying to restore iPhone from the backup file, there are two methods available for entering the password to unlock your iPhone backup forgot and restored iPhone. Are you trying to restore your iPhone 7 from an iTunes backup but it asks for a password to unlock it and the password you entered to unlock your iPhone backup was incorrect.
Method 1: Restore iPhone from iCloud Backup and Enter the Password to Unlock Your iPhone Backup
If you have the Apple ID and password, login into iCloud with the iPhone. Follow these steps:
- Turn on your device and follow the steps to setup device.
- Select Restore from iCloud Backup and then sign into iCloud and select a backup.
- Then tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. This will remove all content from your device, so do this only if you already have a backup.
- After that restore original data using iTunes.
Method 2: Unlock iPhone Backup with iTunes Backup Password Recovery Software
- Download and install iTunes Password Genius on Windows.
- Open a locked iPhone backup file in iTunes Password Genius tool.
- Click Open option and iTunes Password Genius would automatically help find iTunes backup file on the computer.
- Select iPhone backup file in the list and click OK button.
- Add File button can help you to import locked iPhone backup into recovery software.
- Select attack type from the list of the type of attack from the drop-down box, Brute-force, Mask, Dictionary, and Smart.
- After process start, the software would run and find iPhone backup password with password attack type, you select.
- Copy the password, and you could unlock iPhone backup file on the computer.
- That’s it. Enjoy.
If you don’t remember the password, you will not be able to restore the encrypted backup. Don’t worry. You can try possible passwords used before, such as your Apple ID password, iTunes Store password, or passcode login details.
Trying to restore your iPhone 7 from iTunes backup but it asks for a password to unlock it? Apple is very strict about security.
Try Possible Password to Find Lost Password to iPhone 7/7 Plus
- Check your iTunes Store password first.
- Try your unlock code for your device.
- Check the default password 0000.
- Use old iTunes password that you set
- Try Windows Administrator code.
Hope you liked this article regarding entering the Password to Unlock Your iPhone Backup. Comment below if you need any help.