Fix Your Purchase Could Not Be Completed: If you see the following message when you try to buy apps, subscriptions or in-app here is how to resolve it:
Your Purchase Could Not Be Completed For assistance, contact iTunes Support at www.apple.com/support/itunes/ww/.
The app store has over 1,5 million apps. Many of them are free (may supply in-app purchases) and a few are paid. You can download and/or buy programs for your iOS unit; iPad, iPhone, or iPod feel; from the App-Store. If you can’t; there may be many reasons for this error. For instance:
iTunes Your Purchase Couldn’t Be Completed App Purchase Appstore problem might also happen because it looks like the currency of funds within your wallet does not meet the needs and match the currency with this purchase.
Fix Your Purchase Could Not Be Completed in App Purchase
You might get this error when you’re attempting to obtain apps, subscribers or in-app purchase Information from your App Store. If you can’t obtain any product or any game from your app store then check out and read this below article.
So here are some very easy and solutions to get rid out of this iTunes Your Purchase Could Not Be Completed App Purchase App Store error.
1. Update all the Information from your App Store
- Open the iTunes > Store option there
- Click on Sign in option > Enter your Apple ID & Password
- Now, click on Sign in > Again Choose the Store
- Click on View Account option > Enter your Account password to View Account
- Click on Edit option to the right of Payment Page
- From the Apple Account Information Page > Click on the Done button there
- After completing, close all tabs > That’s it.
2. Change your Payment Information by using an IOS Device
- Go to the Home screen > Settings > Click on the iTunes & App Store option
- Click on the Apple ID > Click on View Apple ID
- Again, enter your Apple ID password > Click on the Payment information
- Edit sectionUpdate the information that you want to change it
- Click on Done button to save this configuration
- After finished, close all tabs and done.
3. Verifying the Apple ID in Use is the same on iTunes & App Store
- Check both Mac App Store & iTunes apps with same Apple ID account
- Relaunch the Mac App Store & try downloading or updating the app again
- After completing, close unwanted tabs
- That’s it, done
We hope you have successfully solved Your Purchase Could Not Be Completed in App Purchase and Check Your Transaction History error. Comment below if you need any help.